1. Have pep talks in the shower. Remind yourself you’ve been through this. You know how to handle it. You’re strong. The past has prepared you for this moment.
2. Breathe. Stop and focus on your breathing. Watch your chest rise and fall with each breath.
3. Listen to that one sad song. You know the one you always play when you’re sad. Put in some earphones, turn the volume up as loud as it can go, play it over and over your ears ring. Drown yourself in the music.
4. Go outside. Look up at the stars. Do you ever think if they have bad days? Despite that they still glisten, leaving you in awe each and every night. You do the same subconsciously.
5. That world up there is a mystery, complex, but wonderful oh so wonderful. It’s infinity should remind you that your problems are so small in comparison. Insignificant.
6. Your thoughts will be against you and for you. They’ll taunt you. Confuse you. Tease you. Say “no” aloud and firmly. Say “I am perfect. I’m good enough.” Because you are.